Wednesday 25 February 2015

Slow Cooked Chick Peas in tomato and Rosemary sauce

Ingredients 

500g of dried chick peas
1 can of diced tomatoes 
2 Tbls of tomato paste
1 large brown onion diced
1 Tbs of  Rosemary  leaves 
Salt and coarse black pepper
Optimal hot pepprica 

Method

I also make this dish from scratch in my slow cooker! I wash the Dry chick peas well hot water and then in lots of running water then place in slow cooker and add 1 tin of diced tomato diced onion good olive oil salt coarse pepper 1 tbs of tomato past  and a sprinkle of Rosemary leaves. I set it for 8 hours on slow and when I come home it's done! And it's yummy! If You like you also can place in a dip baking dish and bake in a hot oven until sauce thickens and it gets a light golden colour! But I prefer it just cooked in the slow cooker!

 No need to pre soak or add baking powder the slow cooker will do its job! 
This is a very convenient way of cooking Chick peas no fuss no mess but a good healthy tasty meal. Serve with crusty bread pickled octopus and feta cheese!  









No comments:

Post a Comment